Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Some thoughts from a three day weekend

A definition of futility:
Keeping your bag on your lap
stuffed between your belly
and the seat in front of you
in case any of the boarding bus riders
needs to sit down
but none do

---

sharing what's closest
with those farthest away:
a definition of exhibitionism

observing what's closest
from the farthest distance:
a definition of voyeurism

both: a defintion of blogging

---

You know you're in the phase
of serious dating before engagement
when you show each other your fillings
but just describe your birth marks

---

From a Canadian friend:
You know what I learned today?
Salmons' lives really suck...
...and then they die.

3 comments:

Teganomen said...

I leave my bag on the next seat until the bus is just about to fill up, and then I put it on my lap and try to look mean.

Maybe this makes me a bad person.

Anonymous said...

Well, I only do that on the bus when it's busy. If there are plenty of other seats then I don't worry about moving my backpack. But it's always weird when someone sits next to me because it's busy but then when it empties a bit the person doesn't move somewhere else. That's just creepy. Don't sit by someone if you don't have to.

Marissa said...

Ooh. The comment box pops up in a new window now? High tech. Anyway, I like to think that I've got a lot of expertise in riding the bus . . . if that's even something you can have expertise in. And I write some of my favorite things or at least get some great ideas from riding the bus.

How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. The new freshman are good/iffy?